I take ethics seriously in this blog, as well as in my every day life. I have had the privilege of being taught ethics from many active public relations professionals at the University of Oregon, so here is what I have come up with that represents the code I follow in my personal and professional life. These ethics are inspired by Kelli Matthews’ blog, PRos in Training:
- I will always tell the truth.
- If and when a mistake is made, I will correct it and make note of the date of the revision.
- Accuracy is a priority and is what I will strive for.
- I will not delete comments unless they contain spam or personal attacks.
- I will moderate all comments.
- I will strive for high quality with every post.
- I will respect others opinions in the comment section.
- I will provide links to all my online resources.